Gemini Science Archive Conceptual Design Study Work Scope No. 9414257-GEM102012
This Work Scope is entered unto on 15 December 1999 by and between the Association of Universities for Research in Astronomy, Inc. (“AURA”). the National Research Council of Canadá (“NRC”), and Comisión Nacional de Investigación Científica y Tecnológica (“CONICYT”). NRC and CONICYT are collectively referred lo as “the Partners”.
- Comisión Nacional de Investigación Científica y Tecnológica , CONICYT
- Association of Universities for Research in Astronomy, AURA
- National Research Council of Canadá, NRC
- General. (a) With respect to NRC. the rights and obligations under this Work Scope are subject lo the provisions of the Working Agreement between AURA and NRC in all respects. With respect to CONICYT, the rights and obligations under this Work Scope are subject to the provisions of the Working Agreement between AURA and CONICYT in all respects.
- The Working Agreements will hereinafter be referred to as the “Agreements’
- .A portion of the Work described in this Work Scope may have been performed by the Partners prior to the dale of this Work Scope. All such Work will be governed by this Work Scope to the same extent as if performed after the date of this Work Scope.
- AURA will decide whether or not to enter into later work scopes with the Partners for the actual development of the Science Archive based upon the Phase II proposal submitted by the Partners as described in Section 8.6, below.
- In the event that one of the Partners is unable to perform its portion of the Workm, or fails to adequately perform its portion of the Work, the other Partner shall be responsible for successfully completing all of the Work for a total cost to AURA. including any payments previously made to the defaulting partner. equal to the total fixed price given in section 5 below. In no event shall AURA he required to pay any amounts in excess of this fixed price because one Partner had to do, or redo, work that the other Partner vas supposed to perform.
- The Partners shall be responsible for coordinating the allocation of the Work between themselves so that AURA shall not have any role in determining which parts of the Work are performed by which Partner.
- The Partners shall be responsible for all aspects of the management of the Work. so that AURA is not responsible for any coordination of effort between the Partners, All disputes between the Partners with regard to the Work shall be resolved by the Partners without any involvement by AURA.
- The effort of both Partners shall be managed by the NRC Work Package Manager so that the Work is performed under a single management structure.
- All reports and documentation required under this Work Scope will be delivered as single documents issued by both Partners. In no event shall the Partners deliver separate documentation or reports.
- For the Gemini Project Scientist: Package Manager
- For the Gemini Project Manager: Director General, Herzberg Institute for Astrophysics
- For the Comisión Nacional de Investigación Científica y Tecnológica: Mauricio Sarrazin, President and Prof. Dr. Stefan Hormuth