Scholarly cooperation between the National Commission for Scientific and Technological Research (CONICYT) of Chile and The Human Sciences Research Council (HSRC) of the Republic of South Africa Exchange Agreement [Convenio HSRC 1988]
This agreement provides for the annual exchange of scholars to participate in research, there by strengthening the scholarly co-operation between CHILE and the REPUBLIC OF SOUTH AFRICA. The scheme is not intended to be exclusive, but to be complementary to any other co-operation arrangements in these fields.
- National Commission for Scientific and Technological Research (CONICYT)
- Human Sciences Research Council (HSRC).
In view of the great distances involved and the shortage of research manpower, the following broad guidelines are recommended for the proposed co-operative research research between the commission and the council
- Both countries should be able to benefit from the co-operatives research programmes.
- All research programmes should be relevant to, and aimed at, particular problem areas, and the anticipated research results be amanable to practical implementation.
- Individual researchers or groups of researchers in both countris should already be engaged in particular research projects with a view to the exchange of knowledge in the short term, and also with a view to the long-term promotion of the co-operative research effort.
- In addition to their being specifically problem oriented, the research programmes should also involve the study of comparative research methodology.
- For the National Commission for Scientific and Technological Research Chile, CONICYT: Dr. Jorge Urzúa, President
- For the Human Sciences Research Council, HSRC: Dr. J. G. Carbers, President